I’ve written before about ways to rearrange apps and move apps from one screen to another.
Reader “Bob” wrote to me to suggest a way to move multiple apps at the same time. The trick is to first put the apps you want to move in a folder and then put the folder on the Dock. This is useful if you want to put the apps in the folder on different screens. You may need to make room on the Dock if you already have six icons there.
Here are the steps:
- Put the apps you want to move in a folder.
- Name the folder. Bob calls his “Bus” because the apps in the folder are taking the bus.
- Move the folder to the Dock.
- Swipe to the first screen where you want to place an app from the folder.
- Tap the folder to open then drag and drop the app.
- Swipe to the next screen where you want to place an app from the folder.
- Tap the folder to open and drag and drop the app.
- Repeat as needed until all the apps in the folder are where you want them.
- The folder automatically disappears when you empty it.
Thanks to Bob for the clever tip! Have a tip of your own you’d like to share? Write to me using the Contact link above the masthead. You may see your tip published here.